Michelle Lacy, BA (Hons), MSc (Econs), Advance Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling, Post Graduate Diploma Psychodynamic Studies, MBACP (Registered)
I have been working as a psychodynamic psychotherapist since 2005, providing short-term counselling and long-term psychotherapy to clients with a wide range of needs.
These areas include: childhood trauma, attachment and separation difficulties, stress, depression, history of physical, emotional or sexual abuse, bereavement, sexuality/gender/identity issues, relationship and interpersonal difficulties, supporting parents and young adults, self-esteem, psychosomatic difficulties, loneliness, boarding school syndrome, developmental delays, periods of confusion and “midlife” crisis, breakdown, anger, hoarding, anxiety, panic, self-harm.
I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapist, accredited by the Department of Health. In addition to working in private practice, I spent 5 years as a psychodynamic psychotherapist in the Talking Therapies Service at Wpf Therapy and 3 years within the integrated Psychotherapy and Counselling Service at Richmond Borough Mind.
My professional training was undertaken at Wpf Therapy, one of Britain’s top accredited training institutions, with a reputation for clinical and academic excellence. I hold a BACP accredited Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from Wpf Therapy as well as a BACP accredited Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Studies from Roehampton University.
I have also started specialised trauma training in somatic psychotherapy with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute. I have completed Level 1: Trauma Themes and plan to study for Level 2: Developmental Injury in 2022.
I originally trained as a radio journalist, but have also worked extensively in the voluntary and public sector developing, managing and delivering services for people with special needs prior to becoming a psychotherapist.
Introduction to Counselling and Psychotherapy – WPF Therapy,
Advance Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling – WPF Therapy,
Postgraduate Diploma Psychodynamic Studies – Roehampton University
Professional Development Training
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Trauma Themes – Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute (2021)
- Working with Gender Non-Conforming & Transgender Clients – Michelle Bridgman (2021)
- Narcissistic Injuries, Neglect & Relational Trauma – Christiane Sanderson (2021)
- Working with Dependency in Clients with Complex Trauma – Kathy Steele (2020)
- Attachment, MBT & Toxic Couple Relationships – Dr Gwen Adshead & Gerry Byrne (2020)
- Complex PTSD: An Integrative Mind-Body Approach to Treating Clients with Chronic, Repeated and/or Developmental Trauma – Arielle Schwartz (2020)
- The Psychophysiology of PTSD and Trauma – Babette Rothschild (2018)
- Working with Attachment & Dependency in Complex Trauma – Kathy Steele (2018)
- Early Relational Trauma and Borderline States of Mind – Marcus West (2017)
- Rewind Approach for working with PTSD and Trauma – Paula Readon (2017)
- Sex on the Brain – Graham Music (2016)
- Addiction as an Attachment Disorder – Gerard & Sarah Chevalier,David Delapalme (2015)
- Introduction to Emotionally Focused Therapy – Nick Poaros (2013)
- Absent Fathers – Bill Austin (2013)